About: Mandavi Singh is a Professor of Kathak Dance at Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh. She has also served as the Vice-Chancellor of Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh for 9 years from (2011 to 2020). She has received her training in Kathak Dance under Guru Shri Kalyan Das Mahant, Prof. P D Ashirwadam, and is currently being trained under Pt. Jai Kishan Maharaj. Prof. Singh is also the recipient of a prestigious award- ‘Shringar Mani’ from Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai, and many national and international accolades. She is a graded artist of Doordarshan and has performed at various programmes and festivals in India and overseas. Choreographies like ‘Mere Swami ki Vivek Yatra’, ‘Nartan Sarwasvam’, ‘Meghdoot’, and many more are to her credit. With her research and teaching experience of more than 35 years, various students from India as well as abroad have received training under her and are well placed. She has also participated in various national and international conferences, seminars, and workshops as a Subject Expert and Panellist. She has extensively worked in the Raigarh style of Kathak dance. She has been the Chairperson and Member of Various Selection Committees for Vice-Chancellor of different Universities. Prof. Singh also serves as the Chairperson/ Expert/ Member of various bodies constituted by UGC New Delhi, NAAC Bangalore, etc. She is also a member of the Board of Studies, Academic Bodies of various Indian and foreign Universities.
· “Kathak Parampara” the 2nd edition of “Bharatiya Sanskriti Me Kathak Parampara” published by Swati Publication, Delhi.
· “Kathak Nritya Parampara Me Guru Lachchu Maharaj” Published by B. R. World Publication, New Delhi.
· “Kathak Prampara aur Raigarh Durbar” Published by B. R. World Publication, New Delhi.
· Published many research papers and articles in national and in international journals.
· Awarded Post-Doctoral Fellowship from University Grants Commission, New Delhi, in the year 2009 on the subject रायगढ़ दरबार में रचित रचनाओं का नृत्यात्मक परिशीलन (कत्थक नृत्य के सन्दर्भ में ).
· A serial of 13 episodes entitled “Raigarh ki Kathak Virasat” was broadcasted by Prasar Bharati, New Delhi on All India Radio, Raipur in the year 2013.
· Coordinator of UGC Special Assistance Programme (SAP) sanction for the department of Kathak Dance of Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh.
· Associateship of the U.G.C. Inter-University Center at Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla from 2005 to 2007.
· More than 15 Research Scholars have been awarded with the Ph. D. degree and 04 Research Scholars are currently registered.